Act 1- Say "Ahhh!"
- If we know this is a shark what is the next step that we should take?
- What sharks could we compare it to?
- Which shark looks most like Megalodon's? Check here maybe.
- How can we compare the sizes of these teeth?
- How does that affect the shark's size?
Act 2 - The Scientific Process
Act 3 - The Reveal
- Given a length of a shark, draw the size of its tooth.
- Experts thought that assuming a directly proportional relation was not accurate measurement. Some experts (Gottfried et al.) found the following information to create a formula that predicts the size of a shark. Use the information in this table to find the equation, and use it to make a new estimation of our Megalodon's size.